Why Sprout Weekend and Summer Classes?
We are a social group, targeting gifted students with a focus on social and emotional development through games and challenging enrichment activities. The days of your child waiting for others to catch up are in the past. We purposely group the students in a multi-age setting so each person can grow in listening skills, understanding perspectives, and to push boundaries.
We strive to learn as much about the gifted child as we can, to expose gifted children to a wealth of experiences, and to guide gifted children to develop a love for lifelong learning.
Sprout is a program for gifted children to feel at peace, at home, and where they belong.
Sprout Gifted’s goals are to nurture the gifted child’s social and emotional well being, to provide a safe place for gifted children to be themselves, and discover in an open-minded environment.
- Each class period is approximately two hours in length.
- The teachers are there with the children in a small group setting to stimulate their inquisitive minds and to inspire them to persevere through challenges.
- Sometimes the project might fail, however, they are encouraged to be receptive to new ideas, and keep investigating solutions.
- We want to set the gifted child up for life lessons that will take them beyond the classroom and into the real world.
- With our small group setting and low teacher to student ratio, the gifted child is sure to find his/her voice and explore his/her fullest potential.
Who: Our weekend and summer programs are designed for students in grades 1-Middle School (M.S. students take on more of a leadership role in our classes and are given chances to socialize and share their expertise as well as suggest activities to explore).
Social: First, we begin each class by fostering the gifted child’s social and emotional development through engaging interactions and open-ended play with like-minded peers.
Exploration: Next, the children are absorbed in a hands-on project that peeks curiosities and provides challenges. We find that gifted students don’t have a lot of challenges in their academic life. Often academics come easily to them. Our goal is to find ways to push them out of their comfort zone and find ways that they feel challenged and fulfilled.
Social support: Finally, there is an opportunity for children to participate in more social time with teachers and mentors that are there for your student. We understand the needs of gifted students. We understand the perfectionism, the need to be first, the desire to always win and we will work with your kiddos to validate their feelings and desires and helping them regulate and see other perspectives too.