What is Sprout After School Program?
Our After School program is designed for students in grades 1-Middle School (5/6 grade).
We begin each class by fostering the gifted child’s social and emotional development through engaging interactions and open-ended play with like-minded peers.
Then, there is an introduction to the enrichment activity, where the children are encouraged to share his/her background knowledge about a particular topic as the “group expert.”
Next, the children are absorbed in a hands-on project that peeks curiosities and provides challenges.
Finally, there is an opportunity for the children to work on homework or participate in more social time.
Sprout Gifted’s goals are to nurture the gifted child’s social and emotional well being, to provide a safe place for gifted children to be themselves, and discover in an open-minded environment.
We strive to learn as much about the gifted child as we can, to expose gifted children to a wealth of experiences, and to guide gifted children to develop a love for lifelong learning.
- Each class period is approximately two hours in length.
- The teachers are there with the children in a small group setting to stimulate their inquisitive minds and to inspire them to persevere through challenges.
- Sometimes the project might fail, however, they are encouraged to be receptive to new ideas, and keep investigating solutions.
- We want to set the gifted child up for life lessons that will take them beyond the classroom and into the real world.
- With our small group setting and low teacher to student ratio, the gifted child is sure to find his/her voice and explore to his/her fullest potential.
Why Sprout After School Classes?
Sprout is place for gifted students to feel comfortable and share their interests in a safe environment. We want to provide your child a place to find like-minded peers. We strive to create an atmosphere where curiosity and creativity are encouraged and celebrated.
We are a group that focuses on social and emotional development through games and challenging enrichment activities. The days of your child waiting for others to catch up are in the past. We purposely group the students in a multi-age setting so each person can grow in listening skills, understanding perspectives, and to push boundaries.
Sprout is a program for gifted children to feel at peace, at home, and like they belong.